Tuesday, November 3, 2015

More Than

They are more than diabetes

They are more than all the daily finger pokes that scare their tiny fingers.

They are more than the juice boxes and glucose tabs they consume each day for low blood sugars. Sugar that helps keep them alive.

They are more than all the insulin pump sites changes and the pokes and hurts that can accompany them.

They are more than the needles and insulin that keep them alive and make them smell like band-aids.

They are more than all the tears that come when I have to poke their finger an extra time, or a pump site that doesn't go in quite right.

They are more than the bruises and red marks on their little bodies from shots and pump sites.

They are more than all the hurts, and sickness that can go hand and hand with this disease.

They are more than diabetes, Oh, so much more

They are smiles and hugs. They are laughter and joy.  They are the bravest girls I know.

I am thankful, despite everything that I was chosen to be their mom.
There is nothing more precious to me, nothing more dear to my heart, because when I look at them I don't see diabetes.
I see my beautiful daughters.  

1 comment:

Joanne said...

This is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails