Monday, July 18, 2011

Breaks can be good!

Nablopomo ~ Day 18

After 4 wonderful days at Thirty-One National Conference....I'm getting back in the groove of things. (well, for the most part.) It was SO nice to get away and I had TONS of fun!  I have to admit that even while away sleep eluded me, so I can't say I came back rested up, BUT I was relaxed.

It was kinda strange, yet SO nice to wake up in the morning and just have to get myself ready.  I didn't have to make breakfast, our hotel had a hot made to order breakfast. Simply heavenly.  No carbs to count or fingers to poke. No alarms on insulin pumps to turn off. No sites to change.  It was almost like a dream.  I forgot how nice it is to NOT have to worry about all those things.  I live in my little "bubble" where I've excepted that's just the way it is for us. Except when I get the rare chance to get away and not have to think about it.  It seems weird, yet so nice.

I have some stories to share with you in some later posts!  I didn't just go to conference, I had  fun with some of my D Mama's too! :)  It was wonderful to meet up with some of them.

While I was gone my super wonderful husband, graciously stayed at home with the girls for 4 days while doing carpooling for Worship Arts Camp at church and became great at multitasking while I was gone. (I'm sure this will not last with me around though...well, maybe! One can always hope right? ) He also decided to start up his own little blog.  I know! Can you believe it!?  A D Dad blogging?  I think it's pretty cool!

I was so impressed with his first blog post, that I decided I really needed to give him a big shout out on my blog.  In all seriousness, I would have given him a big shout out anyway!  Love ya, babe! :)

So go over and check out my hubby's new blog at Bleedingfinger - Advocacy4Juvenile Diabetes It's really good. And I'm not just saying that because he's my hubby.  Promise!

2 comments:

Denise aka Mom of Bean said...

Yes, breaks are wonderful!!

Loving that your hubby is blogging...we need more D-dads! :)

Misty said...

So nice for you to have a little time away! And even better that I was one of those D Mamas that you got to see while you were away too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails