Monday, April 26, 2010

One of many "Aha" Moments

 I found myself sitting at the computer this weekend thinking....why in the world did I not start blogging a year ago?  I tried to start one a few years ago and just fell short.  I'm not highly creative so coming up with ideas for blog posts was hard.  Life seemed to get in the way for a while and then Diabetes came into our lives.  I was pretty much in survival mode the first 6 months after Love Bug was diagnosed and felt like I was in a bubble.  My own bubble that not too many other people really understood.  Little did I know that there was a huge diabetes community out there in cyber world! 

So, about a month ago I started working on my blog again. Updating it and getting it ready, mostly making it more Diabetes focused. Then I started looking to see how many other Type 1 moms were out there and decided to Google it.  I found blog after blog that was just so uplifting and encouraging.  It was like a breath of fresh air!  It is so amazing to hear other moms stories and know that they are going through many of the same struggles that I am going through with this disease.  Now I am wishing I would have started this a year ago when Love Bug was first diagnosed.

I know that this disease is a cruel one but I have decided that I am going to try to keep my blog posts positive and encouraging. (Not to say that there won't be the occasional venting since everyone needs that once and a while.) That's why I am going to try to do a few just fun "mom" blog posts too as well as ones about my faith, since those are really important things in my life.  Especially my faith.  I don't know how I would have survived this past year without it!

So,whether you are new to my blog or a long time friend please leave a comment or send me a message. (or find me on Facebook!  I am hoping to have a link on my blog soon.  I would love to get to know you and hopefully along the way I will encourage a few other moms out there as much as I have been encouraged over the past year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails