Friday, September 10, 2010

D-Feast Friday: Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies

It's time for D-Feast Friday!  




Today I am sharing a yummy recipe for Molasses Cookies!  
These Cookies are yummy and low in sugar.  ENJOY! 

Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies

INGREDIENTS
1/3 C butter or margarine, softened
3/4 C packed Brown Sugar
1/4 C dark Molasses
1tsp Ginger, ground
1tsp Cinnamon, ground
1 egg
1 1/2 C all purpose wheat flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C granulated sugar

DIRECTIONS
Beat the Butter on medium-high speed in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Beat in the brown sugar. Add the Molasses, Ginger, and Cinnamon, mix thoroughly. Add the Egg. Mix in as much of the flour & wheat flour as you can with the electric mixer. Stir in any remaining by hand. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 3-4 cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar mixed with cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until cookies are set and tops crack.
Makes 48 Cookies

Number of Servings: 48

Nutritional Info

Amount per serving
Calories: 53.4
Total Fat 1.4g
Total Carbs: 9.7g
       Dietary Fiber 0.3mg
Protein 0.7g





4 comments:

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

I love ginger cookies! The recipe I have it for cutouts. I'd much rather roll into balls! I will give these a try. Thanks for posting to the #DFeast!

Donna said...

Sounds Yummy! Thanks Heather!

Unknown said...

YUMMY Heather...I love Ginger Cookies too!!!

Heidi / D-Tales said...

I love to bake, and my thighs will attest to the fact that I love cookies! I'm definitely going to try these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails