Friday, September 17, 2010

D-Feast Friday


To date this is my favorite Fried Chicken recipe. Only problem is I don't know the carb count on it.  I had it figured out at one time. This recipe isn't my own, It comes from Sandra Lee on the Food Network.

Ingredients

  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoon hot sauce
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 whole (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, cut into parts
  • 4 cups canola oil
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl mix together the buttermilk, hot sauce and salt and pepper, to taste. Add the chicken parts and turn to coat completely. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
In a deep heavy-bottomed skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees F.
Put the flour in a shallow baking dish or pie plate, stir in the baking soda, poultry seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper, to taste.
Working in 2 batches, shake off excess buttermilk and put the chicken pieces into flour mixture, coating thoroughly. Carefully add them, in batches, to the hot oil and fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on a paper lined sheet tray. Transfer to a baking sheet with a rack and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter to serve.
ENJOY!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. Fried chicken. I have been oven baking chicken breaded with bran flakes lately...yours sounds yummier. xoxo

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

Thanks for keeping the DFeast going Heather. I don't see this on the list, so I'm gonna use your nifty little link on the right to add it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I just stumbled onto your blog. I am a Type 1 diabetic, diagnosed at age 10 (27 years ago!). Anyways, I noticed in this post you said you didn't know the carb count of the recipe. I was wondering if you know there are computer software programs out there - you can type in your recipe and it will give you all the nutrition info, including carbs. I use a program called MasterCook (you can buy it online). Just thought it might help if you weren't aware!
Stephanie @ www.ledbytheshepherd.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails