Friday, October 29, 2010

D-Feast Friday - Baked Potato Soup




I have had a few requests for this recipe lately so I thought I would share.  Enjoy! 



    Ingredients:
    7 large (baking) potatoes, diced small with skin on 1 1/2 c onion, diced fine 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 tbs Celery salt 2 c chicken stock, low sodium 4 c 2% milk 1/4 t white pepper 1 cup of bacon bits 3 T Scallions, chopped, for garnish 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Wash and dice potatoes into 1/2 to 1inch cubes. In a large saucepan add diced potatoes, onion, garlic, celery salt, white pepper, and chicken stock.  Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.  Add milk and bacon bits.  Simmer another 20-30 minutes.  Serve with a garnish of scallions and cheese.  

*you can also bake the potatoes in the microwave or oven and then dice them.  If you do it that way just bring the potatoes, onion, garlic, celery salt, white pepper and chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat and slowly add milk. Simmer for another 20 minutes.  Serve with garnish of scallions and cheese. 

**you can also add 1c of low fat sour cream for a even creamier soup or use the sour cream as a garnish. 

Recipe makes 15 one cup servings
Carbs per serving: 36


3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGsh. Now. I'm so hungry!!!! I haven't had dinner yet - getting ready for our walk tomorrow, working, and - oh yeah - HALLOWEEN!

I need a piping hot bowl of this deliciousness NOW!

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

I love any kind of potato soup! Sounds great - thanks Heather!

Lorraine of "This is Caleb..." said...

Or maybe this, but I don't think I have enough potatoes! I must plan better! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails