A quick meal for busy summer evenings!
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained, reserve 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 medium diced banana
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
1. In a large sauce pan cook rice according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, sauté chicken for 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pineapple and green pepper.
3. In a small bowl combine the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice, water, cornstarch, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Stir well.
4. Pour mixture into chicken mixture. Mix well to combine. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring often.
5. Fold in banana and almonds. Heat through.
6. Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
7. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Makes 6 servings (approx 4 oz chicken with 1/3 cup cooked rice)
Carbs per serving - about 34