Thursday, May 9, 2013

My take

When we said good bye to Dexie a little over a year ago, I would of never thought that we would have her back so soon.  I thought we would stay with Mini for a while.  But when I saw the reviews and other d-moms crooning about the new Dexcom G4 I decided that we had to switch.  I am so glad we did!

We have had Dexie back for 2 weeks now and what a difference!! I am amazed at Dexie G4.  First of all she is accurate.  When I say accurate I mean within 10-15 points accurate. Really accurate.   We never had that with Mini.  Mini was always in her error range but nothing close to being as accurate as Dexie.

What thrills me the most is that it is even accurate with low blood sugars.  For us, that is golded.  The older version of Dexie was horribly inaccurate when it came to low blood sugars.  It was a big part of the reason we switched to Mini.  Mini has a Low predict alert and  for Lovebug who has problems with lows it was a godsend.

I also have to say that I LOVE the fact that I can carry Dexie with me and let Lovebug play and not have to have it with her all the time.  I can take some responsibility off of her.  It is wonderful to that I can lie Dexie on my nightstand and look at her with Lovebug sleeping upstairs.  It sure makes sleeping a whole lot easier!!

I can't say that Mini is a bad CGM,  we like her and Princess still uses her, but I just find that Dexie G4 is more accurate.  It's also nice that you don't have to charge the transmitter at the time you change the sensor.  The longest I ever got out of a sensor with Mini was 6 days. We just got 14 days out of our first new sensor with Dexie. She was still accurate after 14 days and I am pretty sure we could have gone longer!    I just decided that we should change it.  I am going to let this one go as long as I can.

So If I had to recommend one CGM over the other it would be the Dexcom G4.  But if Medtronic changed their transmitters to last a few more days and put a non re-chargeable battery in the transmitter   I would love to see the new Enlite sensor that the have but so far it is unavailable to us.  I know that it's available oversees and I can't wait to be able to try it for Princess.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails