Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankfulness

I have definitely had those days where I needed to count my blessings. You know, those days that are just so rotten the blessings are the only things the make it bearable.  


So, In keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought I would share some things I am thankful for.


...that we have very little out of pocket cost for Lovebug's diabetes supplies.  It's not something I like to bring attention to because I know too many D Mamas that struggle with insurance or have had to go back to work to help pay for their child's diabetes supplies. It's hard to have to worry about your child as well as where the money is going to come from to take care of them and keep them alive.   


..that Lovebug doesn't really give much thought about diabetes, yet.  It is just a part of life to her. She doesn't complain about her site changes or when I change Dexie's sensor. We haven't ever had to pin her down to give her a shot (she has cried with the shots though) I don't have to do anything special. We have a routine for her site changes, she likes to have something to eat when we do them but that's it.  I love it when she meets other kids with diabetes. I try to make a big deal out of it that they are like her and she compares insulin pump or CGM  and moves on. She treats them like she does all her other friends. I know deep down it won't always be this way. There will be a day when she starts noticing the differences, but for now I am thankful she doesn't seem to mind that she is "different" from her friends.  


...that I have a husband who is involved and cares about Lovebug's diabetes care and advocates and educates just as much as I do. He may not be as "smooth" about the care part as I am but, it's my job.  He is my loyal other half who is there when ever I need him to step in and I am extremely thankful for that, and for him. 


...my faith.  I know I am NEVER really alone. Through every circumstance and trial He is right there with me and will never leave my side.  


...that Lovebug is still with us.  She is healthy and happy and that means the world to me.  


...perspective that I have gained. I am much more sensitive to others who have children who are suffering with diabetes or another chronic illness.  I know what it is like to see a child suffer and I don't wish that upon anyone.  


...that I have the DOC to lean on and my D Mamas.  I don't know what I would do without you guys!!  Thank you just doesn't seem like enough.  


...last but not least, my friends and family who are also there to support me.  It means more then words can express.  I love you! 


I hope that all of you have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving!





4 comments:

Alexis Nicole said...

i wish everyone could appreciate the things we do. Puts life in perspective. God bless you and your family. Happy turkey day! Xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend. I am thankful for you!

Lora said...

And a happy Thanksgiving to you!!

Meri said...

What a beautiful list! Happy (belated) Thanksgiving friend!

And sorry about the mountain of comments! Just catching up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails