I ran across this a couple weeks ago when Lora over at My Diabetic Child did this. I really like it and thought I would give it a try. Only thing is I have D-Feast Fridays here SO I'm going to participate in Five Question Friday on Saturday! I know it's not "by the book" but I don't tend to do things "by the book" all the time!
1. Do you think cursive writing is overrated? (schools in Indiana have not voted to take cursive writing out of their curriculum)
~um, NO. I think that there is still good use for handwriting. Especially cursive. For goodness sake, you at least need to be able to sign your own name! I am totally for kids learning better typing/keyboarding skills, they are going to need them BUT we also need to stick with the basic folks. It's got us this far!
2. Do you still use a pocket calendar or notepad or do you keep your info on your smart phone?
~I use both, actually. I use my planner for my Thirty-One business and then my person calendar goes on my smart phone. Although I am considering putting my Thirty-One appointments on my smartphone too so I have them in both places. Plus, I tend to have a photographic memory so if I write it down I tend to remember it better.
3. What 3 things would you save if you house was burning down? (family and pets are already safe)
~My wedding pictures because I haven't put them all on cd's or dvd's yet. (yes, I got married before the digital age was big! ) Each of my girls have a special blanket and special lovey, I would want to save those. Last but not least, my husbands Gordy Howe jersey that is signed. You can't replace that and being the HUGE Red Wings fans that we are....:)
4. Country Mouse or City Mouse, err Person?
~Oh, this one is easy, City Mouse. I grew up in the city and live in the city now. I love being close to everything and or being able to walk to places. I love having sidewalks and neighbors who are close by to help you out. Yes, there are drawbacks to living in the city but despite those, I love it. But there is a bit of Country Mouse in me. I love Country things (maybe more Old Fashion things) and I love getting away from city life once in a while. I would love to have a cabin up in Northern Michigan on a lake. (I'm not really the camping type either, a cabin is about as close as I like to get!)
5. If you could pick ANY reality show to go on, which would you pick? Oh, there are lots I would like to be on but I think What Not to Wear, so I could get a new wardrobe and a make over...much needed for this tired D Mama!